Charles La Trobe P-12 College is proud to be a diverse and inclusive learning community.
At Charles La Trobe College we have a long standing commitment to providing a safe and orderly school environment for our young people to strive, to seek and to excel. Our values “Respect”, “Excellence”, “Acceptance,” and “Leadership”, support Charles La Trobe College’s work in curriculum, wellbeing and engagement. We build the capacity of all learners to achieve their personal best.
The Wellbeing Team at Charles La Trobe College can help address a variety of issues including:
- Friendship and relationship issues
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Personal safety
- Child, Adolescent and Family issues
- Putting you in touch with appropriate services in the community
- Financial Hardship, smoking, gambling, alcohol or drug use
- Grief and loss
- Sexual health and Sexual identity
- Any circumstances or feelings a student finds is challenging them inside or outside of school
What we offer at Charles La Trobe College:
- Breakfast club (in partnership with View club) Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Homework Club (In partnership with Melbourne City Soccer club)
- Assistance with uniform for families in financial hardship (State School Relief)
- Crisis response, 1:1 brief counselling and group work as appropriate
- Due to our strong partnership with La Trobe University, we can periodically access specialist services such as:
- Art Therapy
- SHINE Intensive Language Intervention Program (Primary)
- Direct Instruction Literacy Intervention Program Foundation to Year 9
At Charles La Trobe College we access DET – Student Support Services (SSS) to assist children and young people facing a range of barriers to learning to achieve their educational and developmental potential by providing a range of strategies and specialised support at the individual, group, school and Area levels.
DET Education Psychologist
DET Speech Pathologist
In addition we can make referrals to external Educational Psychologists through Assessment Australia.
We also make referrals Private Psychologist – via New Chapter Psychology. Referrals are made through the wellbeing team. Students need to have a Mental Health Plan which gives them access to up to 10 sessions in calendar year and is covered by Medicare.
Child Safe Standards
In compliance with Ministerial Order No. 870 regarding Child Safety Standards in Victorian Schools, Charles La Trobe P-12 College has made a full ‘Commitment to Child Safety’.View our Child Safety Policies