Welcome to Charles La Trobe P-12 College. Our community shares a moral purpose that “every student will fulfil their personal potential and graduate from school prepared for life’s pathways.”
Engagement with the community and promotion of diversity are highly valued aspects of College life. We support students to develop strong interpersonal and social capabilities as well as to strive to attain academic achievement. The education programs on offer across the College enable each student to achieve to their full potential as teachers personalise learning to meet the individual needs, interests and abilities of all students. Our goal is for all students to become self-directed learners who are able to take responsibility for their learning, both at and beyond school.
We are committed to providing enrichment education experiences for all our students. This goal is supported by our partnerships with La Trobe University and Quantum Victoria. We are co-located with Quantum Victoria, which is one of six State specialist Mathematics and Science Centres. This partnership provides a breadth of Science and Mathematics extension and enrichment program for our students. Our partnership with La Trobe University includes:
- Confucius Classroom – to support the delivery of the Chinese Mandarin language program, including access to overseas study tours
- VCE Plus – access to university subjects for VCE students
- Homework Club – free tutoring program for secondary aged students
- School Partnership Program – an immersion program designed to promotes university as a post-school pathway for secondary aged students
- The Teaching School – an internship program for pre-service teachers.
We pride ourselves on being a community that welcomes all students and families:
- Our Deaf Facility provides positive education experiences for secondary aged students who are deaf or have hearing impairments
- The International Student Program supports our students to become members of the global community
- We have high expectations of our students and ask that they always work to the best of their ability
- We provide a safe and orderly learning environment for our community.
- Our partnership with ‘Extend’ enables us to provide high quality out of school hours care and school holiday programs.
In addition to the main P-12 campus (La Trobe campus), we have a second campus, the Olympic Village Primary School located in Heidelberg West. Please see the OVPS website for further information.