eLearning & ICT
Charles La Trobe P-12 College teachers and students integrate digital technologies into learning activities across the curriculum.
Each student learning community is equipped with the latest technology and teaching resources to support student learning. Students have access to computers from Prep onward. Access to one to one computers is supported from Year 4 to VCE. From 2018 the College is phasing in a BYOD program for secondary students. It is essential that all students bring a computer to class every session, every day. The College provides a list of preferred devices and suppliers. Families may elect to lease the computer.
All students have access to digital coding and robotics programs. We also have a ‘Tech Ninja’ program to enable our highly skilled students to provide tech’ support to their peers and staff!
The College provides a fully online environment, providing staff, students and parents with powerful collaboration and communication tools. This includes:
- Compass School Manager: Compass provides a College calendar, news bulletins, emails/College communication and student attendance data. Students and parents are provided with separate login. Semester reports are also available in Compass.
- Learning Management System: CANVAS an online learning management portal. Canvas provide students, staff and parents with access to course program overviews, assessment and homework task information and, in time, will support the College move toward, progressive or ‘real time’ reporting processes. CANVAS is being implemented in 2018.
- Student Email: students are provided with a school based email account which allows them to communicate with teachers outside class time.
- Student Collaboration Portal: enables students to save and access data from classes as well as collaborate and communicate with teachers.
- Clickview Online: provides students with access to 1000 VEA approved videos online (learning resource).
- Maker Space: our new ‘Maker Space’ provides students with 3D Printers and Arduino Coding Kids, to promote STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics) education.
- Edrolo: Edrolo provides access to excellent learning resources for students enrolled in VCE. https://edrolo.com.au/
College ICT Acceptable User Agreement
The College has an agreement that all students are required to sign. Within this document is the College policy on Internet Usage and Cyber Bullying Prevention. To view this document please click the link below:CLTC ICT Acceptable User Agreement 2016
The College provides a blended ICT approach for primary students. We provide iPads and Windows based desktops. The College also provides primary students with access to Mathletics and Reading Eggs to support students consolidate literacy and numeracy skills; these are popular online Mathematics and English educational resources. The College also offers digital coding programs to primary school students as part of supporting the development of eLearning skills.CLTC Years 5 and 6 Netbook Agreement 2016